Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The attic 1/022016

I was freezing.  I kept turning the thermostat up.  Even had a fire going in the wood stove down in the basement.  I just could not get the house warm.  According to my digital thermometer that shows outside and inside temps, it was 56 degrees inside and 27 degrees outside.  I was freezing.  So I went to bed and put extra blankets on the bed.

I woke up at 3 am on the 3rd.  I got up and was heading to the bathroom.  Something made me look up.  Imagine my surprise when I saw what was causing the house to be so cold.  The entrance to the attic was all cockeyed.  The "door" is just a insulated piece of something that fits into the opening.  There is some Styrofoam on top of the board.  Well this board somehow got turned so it was vertical with openings on either side for the ice cold Arctic air to come down into the house.

There is no way that any of the cats could jump up and hit the "door".  The only way would be for Zoey to stand on her hind legs and have a cat stand on her head.  That cat would then need to stand on its hind legs.  The next cat would probably be able to jump up and hit the "door".  But I just don't see that happening.    

There had been a wind storm the day before, but it wasn't that bad of a storm.  In the 13 years I have lived here in this house,, none of the wind storms have ever caused this to happen.                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment